Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: My First Wedding as A Coordinator

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I'm going to share my very first wedding I coordinated on my own. Although I work weddings and events many times every week, this wedding was the first outside my regular job and I was hired just through a post I wrote on a WeddingBee message board.

The wedding took place on May 27th of this year in the Atlanta, Georgia area. It was actually at a conference center; which I was a little skeptical, at first, and wondered if the wedding would "actually" turn out looking nice. I'm used to weddings in beautiful country clubs, antebellum houses, gardens, and rooms filled with tall windows. But in the end, I was blown away with the end results.


Michelle and Clyde were such a pleasure to work with! I was in contact with Michelle for about two months before the wedding, so I was able to get a feel for her personality and wants; which were an elegant style and a laid back personality: the best kind of bride to have!
The wedding ceremony was beautiful, with aisles lined with candelabras on pedestals. They also read the scripture on A Cord of Three Strands, found in Ecclesiastes 4:12. I'll be remembering this for my own wedding in the future!

Being on my own for the first time made me a little nervous; but I had an assistant, my sweet boyfriend Vardi, came along to help set up tables and accessories. He was such a major help; so I'm going to make sure I have an assistant again! The guest count was 125 and almost everybody was on the dance floor! The DJ had a GREAT mix of music, including some Caribbean/Jamaican music I had never heard of before.
 They hired a great caterer, which prepared such delicious food! Tonza, the head caterer, was THE sweetest caterer I have EVER worked with!! The cake was spectacularly beautiful. I was so busy and focused on the timeline, I forgot to taste it.

The end of the night came a little fast and everyone was so happy! Both Michelle and Clyde thanked me and expressed how well I did; which made me sooooo happy! It's THAT moment that makes EVERYTHING worth it!!!!

This was such a beautiful wedding and I'm so happy and will be forever grateful that Michelle took a chance on me. She gave me the opportunity to gain much needed experience for starting my own business! This is truly one of the most beautiful weddings I've been apart of, so far, and I've seen a LOT of them!

So that is my first wedding that I did on my own and the first of many more to come!! What do you think of the vintage style?

*Pictures taken by: Capture the Image, except for the 4th picture of the table taken by: Vardi Muller
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. The wedding looks absolutely beautiful. I cannot even begin to image how stressful coordinating weddings could be but I am also sure it is a fun, extremely creative, and exciting job.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Lovely Note here: